Well, I've been slightly absent from my little blog and you guys for a while. I promise its with big things to report....soon. I'm in the midst of a big Master Bedroom project, deets to follow soon!! I'm absolutely exhausted! Coming home every night and working on the room until Midnight is taking its toll. BUT, I will have a great "reveal" for you by this week (fingers crossed). In the meantime, I wanted to share with you the cutest Top 10 list I've done to date....
TOP 10 NEW BABY HANDMADE GIFTS
1. Kristy @ Starfish Cottage has a gorgeous alternative to the handmade gift. She also has created some little extras for the rest of the family. I especially love the sibling gift....so very thoughtful. Go check it out!
2. The Purl Bee has got to be one of the best resources for knit / crochet / sewing projects I've seen in a long time. They have the most fantastic turtorial for really simple but cute baby shoes made from felt. Just think of all of the colour-coordinated shoes you can make?!?!?!
3. Allison @ Little Lovelies has a fantastic post for a baby name embroidery hoop. I think even a newbie can tackle this one in their own way....go see whats she's done. Its been pinned for me for ages. Too cute.
4. Diana @ Saving By Making posted a few years ago about an Appliqued receiving blanket. I love the simplicity of this project and that the colours are so bright. It may be an older post but I think its timeless.
5. Little Birdie Secrets shared a onesie cupcake tutorial even with matching box and notecards.There are alot of different posts on these but you have to check out this one, its gotta be the cutest one ;-)
6. Sparkle Power has the sweetest tutorial for baby rattles. These little cuties are perfect for the scrap fabric you have laying around (and you know you do!!). I love how colourful these are...and her blog is pretty fab too.
7. This one's my own (I had to sneak it in somewhere). A colleague from work had a baby a little while ago. During her pregnancy I made a note of all the little names she had for her bump and once the baby was born and we knew the details (weight, length and full name) I made this one for her. I think it turned out pretty cute and it makes a great hand made gift!
8. Elizabeth @ Violently Happy shared a handmade mobile made from little felt dolls of the family. Cuteness, right??? Wanna know the even better part??? It was made by her hubby! Love this...
9. Sweetaprils diaper cakes are the most amazing looking things I have ever seen! It takes diaper cakes to a new level. It gave me so many different ideas for alternatives to the tiered cakes you see everywhere.
10. Preppy Pink Crocodile has taken the standard baby gift basket totally handmade! You have gotta go see whats she's done to personalise this beautiful basket gift. Makes me want another one...
SO, if you're like me and have babies being announced or born all around you this time of year, take the time and check out these ladies and their fab posts. You won't regret it! Happy cuddling xxx