Hi everyone!! Sorry I've been a little MIA recently. Work and the run up to Christmas have been nuts!! Officially finished work yesterday, with a bottle of Bacardi, a note of a job well done, a promotion and a RAISE!! Merry Christmas to me!! Its really good to know that if you work really hard, it will be noticed.
On the blog side of things, I am just a hair away from 30,000 page views! I cannot believe it! I started this blog in June, hoping that one day I would get to 5,000 page views. That was honestly my goal for the end of this year. I am super happy that people are actually reading my blog and hopefully, going out and giving their own projects a go!!
This top 10 list is dedicated to one of my favorite parts of Christmas; Handmade decorations! I love that you can make just about anything into a Christmas decoration for the tree. Theo and I have been looking up the best kid's decorations (cartoon characters and all) to share with you on this list. I hope you enjoy.
1. Amy at While Wearing Heels has a kick a$$ tutorial for Star Wars ornaments. Go check her out, the entire blog is fabulous.
2. Annie at MsTapioca made the most gorgeous bunch of decorations for her family, including a Hello Kitty ornament. Perfect for the girls.
3. Theo LOVES Adventure Time. If you've not seen this show, go YouTube it! I love it too ;-) Instructables has a great tutorial for some Finn and Jake decorations.
4. Andrea at Its The Life has made Theo the happiest little man with her Super Mario ornaments.
5. Jessica at A Little Gray brought me back to my childhood with the most amazing Charlie Brown ornaments. Also made me want to watch A Charlie Brown Christmas really bad!!
6. Obsessively Stitching has a great post on Angry Birds ornaments that any Angry Birds fan would love. Go give her some love! And while we're on the Angry Birds topic, LydiaOutnumbered also has her own spin on Angry Birds....spoiled for choice!
7. Happy Looks Good on You has a great set of Muppets ornaments. This set would make a great Christmas present.
8. Theo is obsessed with Lego (I think I may have mentioned this before). Check out this simple but very effective Lego ornament.
9. Anyone like SpongeBob??? Go check out Goodsmiths with the SpongeBob ornament. I'm going to try this myself for a certain little someone ;-)
10. EcoCreo is a cool blog where there are tonnes of images of Hama / Perler bead projects - My fav's are the Mario related ones.... I wonder why??!?
Well guys, I hope you like this round up and that you're now sufficiently inspired to go and try something you've never done before! I made this little guy for Theo the other night. Its the little things that make all of the difference. This took me a night or two to plan, cut out and stitch but it was worth it for the smile it got.
Happy Holidays peeps!!