This month I wanted to feature HACK's. I'm sure you've all heard of them. "Hacking" something that had one purpose, into something unique -with minimal fuss. I thought I would feature Ikea hacks. Ikea is EVERYWHERE and cheap! These 10 projects are all really cheap to make and, in MY opinion, absolutely gorgeous!! Be sure to check out these different sites to see the tute's and give 'em some love ;-)
So, here it goes!!
1. Kika Y Luka has morphed a daybed into a gorgeous toddler bed / changing table. The blog is in spanish but the images are so amazing, you won't even notice!!
|IKEA DAYBED = CHANGING TABLE & TODDLER BED IN ONE|
2. Katie @ On The Banks Of Squaw Creek has updated her son's dresser with simple Ikea spice racks to make this beautiful, one-of-a-kind piece. You have to check out her tutorial, and her house....its amazing!!
|IKEA SPICE RACKS + DRESSER = LIBRARY!|
3. One of my favorite sites for Ikea related projects is Ikea Hackers. Jules has been blogging about Ikea hacks for years, and the projects uploaded by people on to the site are RIDICULOUSLY fab. Check it out! This is a simple but beautiful project. All it takes is a cheap light fitting and Mod Podge *any reason to use Mod Podge and I'm in*
|CHEAP IKEA LIGHT + MOD PODGE = INSTANT COLOUR|
4. Katie @ Matsutake has by far the most popular pin for Ikea hacks in Pinterest. I'm totally not surprised! Who wouldn't want this in their home office????
|CHEAP IKEA WOOD TABLE TURNED GORGEOUS|
5. Alternative uses for the classic RIBBA frame. I was back in Ikea Hackers for these two posts. One is an awesome display case for Lego Mini Figures (which I will be making for Mr. Tooter) and the second is a super cool display for Hot Wheels cars. Either choice would make a perfect addition to any little boys room!
|LEGO MINI FIGURE DISPLAY IN SQUARE RIBBA FRAME|
|HOT WHEELS DISPLAY IN RIBBA FRAME|
6. Nicole at Chic Cheap Nursery makes me want another baby with her beautiful forest themed nursery. To top it off, she has made her own changing table from an Expedit small storage piece. Can you tell this is Ikea?? I can't! Looks uber expensive!!
|EXPEDIT CHANGING TABLE CHIC|
7. Wall Fry has children's room decor down to an art. This Malm dresser from Ikea has been revamped into a beautiful kids piece. Think of all the ways you can do this in your home?? What gorgeous fabric do you have in your stash??
|MALM DRESSER WITH FABRIC DRAWERS|
|RIBBA FRAME + MOD PODGE = CUSTOM MIRROR|
|IKEA CABINET DOOR + STAIN|
10. Finally, everyone's fav Ikea hack = The LACK HACK!! Here are 3 of my favorites.
Lizzie @ Pretty City Things
|LACK GOES GLAM WITH STUDS|
Jenny @ Little Green Notebook
|LACK WITH MOLDING|
Jill @ Meet The Dubiens
|LACK IN TO TEA PARTY TABLE|
Well, that was my list of Ikea loveliness. Who's off to Ikea to get inspired??
Have a great weekend peeps xxx